Those Immortal Words!

Started by ChrisF
9 replies 24 likes 0 followers Last activity: 2 hours ago
#10 6
@roycv

You guys have your collections models cars, planes, boats, motorcycles, full sized cars but I have not heard anyone tell about a collection of DRUMS, Cymbals & various Latin percussion instruments. Mallets and sticks, timpani felt sticks.

Multiple snare drums and hand drums.
Liked by Rookysailor
#9 8
@ChrisF I don't see a problem with it ...
Dave
So far my collection resembles "The Island of Misfit Toys". I've picked up several boats that are old builds and have been neglected. I'm giving them the TLC they need, hoping to bring them back to their former glory. Once I get enough practice/ experience I intend to take on a full build.
Liked by ChrisF
#8 10
@Steves-s I haven't heard that one for a long time! Trouble is nowadays many appliances are no longer white.
Scratch building 7 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and also have 2 built by Dave Milbourn
Liked by DWBrinkman
#7 10
To be honest she's pretty good and doesn't mention them too often, though the other phrase "And where's that one going?" has been uttered a couple of times. And "do you know how many rooms in the house don't have a boat in the them?". Easy that, our bedroom, the bathroom and downstairs wc! Oh, and the kitchen.

I've been helped in that a couple of her sisters have stayed and liked them. And another said she'd like one as an object d'art.

But seriously they are taking over the house and I have plans to do up the small bedroom/workroom so that most of the boats can go in there. I do have a garage but it's full of motorbikes and other stuff and in any case the house is warmer and drier!
Scratch building 7 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and also have 2 built by Dave Milbourn
Liked by DWBrinkman
#6 17
@ChrisF
Hi Chris, well, if I were a guest in that room—a room filled with scale ship models—I’d feel right at home.
Then again, not everyone is as "obsessed" as we are, hahahaha.
Just know that on forums like this, you can count on plenty of people who understand you, hahahaha.
Hang in there and don't give up.
Liked by DWBrinkman and ChrisF
#5 25
I heard a good one the other day-
🤣😀
Two boating lads were talking in the living room. His friend said Why does the bride always get married in a white wedding dress??🤔🤔🙂
Jim thought about it for a while 🤔 hmm he said,
I think it's so that she blends in with the kitchen appliances much better!! 😁😁..

With that comment his wife came in 👩 and hit him with a large heavy cushion 😩😩🙈...
Liked by DWBrinkman and AlessandroSPQR
#4 25
There is no known cure, addicts of the world unite into support groups. We have our own support group here.
Just stand up and say, "I build model boats" Be proud! If the family rejects you there is always the lake. We do get retired gents join us who have been in denial for years and the relief on finding fellow believers is evident. We have community models to give a first relieved outlet of secret passions held within for too long.
Our support group meets at the North London Society of Model Engineers Colney Heath site on Wednesdays at the small lake we have. If the weather is against us it is lunch at designated pub.
We occasionally have young lads join us with a parent I think to show them what might happen to them if they succumb.
Just sorting out the rigging on a fishing boat ready for Wednesday, so must finish.
Roy
Liked by DWBrinkman and ChrisF and
#2 30
Problem? What problem!

No, but please be kind to the wife.
Happy wife happy life.
Chris
Liked by DWBrinkman and ChrisF and
#1 37

Those Immortal Words!

I was using the scroll saw earlier as a change to painting and my wife said in a questioning manner "You haven't started another one have you?". I rather indignantly replied "No I haven't".

Well, not yet anyway!! Do you guys see any problem with the photos of our guest bedroom? And not pictured, the boats on the units in the lounge and dining room (nice ornaments!) and the four plastic RTR/ARTR power boats and yachts and multiple Tx in the other spare room?

Mind you, we've got friends coming to stop for the weekend so the guest bedroom has got to be sorted before then!


Chris
Scratch building 7 Faireys at a scale of 1:12 and also have 2 built by Dave Milbourn
Liked by AlessandroSPQR and Steves-s and

Sign in to add to this thread.

Delete this post?

It will be removed from the site.

Discard this draft?

Your draft will be deleted and cannot be recovered.

You have an unfinished draft

What would you like to do with it?