@muddy Hi Muddy, I decided on a chain drive as the engine is about an inch higher than the prop shaft, and also used a chain drive to operate the rudder, A normal servo operates at 90 degrees, but with altered gearing you can have 180 degrees and use it for braking if you feel that way inclined. Regards, Gary.
@muddy Hi Muddy, I decided on a chain drive as the engine is about an inch higher than the prop shaft, and also used a chain drive to operate the rudder, A normal servo operates at 90 degrees, but with altered gearing you can have 180 degrees and use it for braking if you feel that way inclined. Regards, Gary.
@AlessandroSPQR Hi Alessandro, I am opting for " Ivy - May," Named after my Mum, who was very special one in a million. She managed the grand old age of ninety four years. Regards, Gary.
@AlessandroSPQR Hi Alessandro, I am opting for " Ivy - May," Named after my Mum, who was very special one in a million. She managed the grand old age of ninety four years. Regards, Gary.
@GaryLC . Thank you for this.. I have the makings here for a steam launch, but often wondered about the coupling between engine and the prop shaft, it never entered my head about chain drive, although I have seen chain drives on paddle boats before.
Thanks again.. Regards muddy..
@GaryLC . Thank you for this.. I have the makings here for a steam launch, but often wondered about the coupling between engine and the prop shaft, it never entered my head about chain drive, although I have seen chain drives on paddle boats before.
Thanks again.. Regards muddy..
@GaryLC hHi Gary, try contacting Shona at sales@csmodels.co.uk, they've done decals for me in the past and they are excellent, let her know what you want word wise, height, colour and font, she always sends a proof beforehand. Cheers Andy
@GaryLC hHi Gary, try contacting Shona at sales@csmodels.co.uk, they've done decals for me in the past and they are excellent, let her know what you want word wise, height, colour and font, she always sends a proof beforehand. Cheers Andy
A little more progress on the almost complete front, the end is definitely in sight at long last. The front bulkhead is complete along with the front deck, which requires a hatch making for access to the gas canister, and some planking on the top edge of the open section. Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to custom made stickers so as she can be christened with a name? I have tried the internet with little success. I would very much appreciate a little help with regard to this problem. A few photos of my progress and I am pretty damn chuffed with the almost complete result, seats and fittings will come eventually after the launching and trials. Regards, Gary.
[{"id":"17907686880","name":"17907686880.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907686880\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907686880\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"},{"id":"17907687021","name":"17907687021.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687021\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687021\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"},{"id":"17907687198","name":"17907687198.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687198\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687198\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"},{"id":"17907687471","name":"17907687471.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687471\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687471\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"},{"id":"17907687735","name":"17907687735.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687735\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687735\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"},{"id":"17907687923","name":"17907687923.jpg","caption":"","url":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687923\/l","thumbUrl":"https:\/\/hobby.land\/media\/17907687923\/s","isImage":true,"ext":"jpg"}]
A little more progress on the almost complete front, the end is definitely in sight at long last. The front bulkhead is complete along with the front deck, which requires a hatch making for access to the gas canister, and some planking on the top edge of the open section. Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to custom made stickers so as she can be christened with a name? I have tried the internet with little success. I would very much appreciate a little help with regard to this problem. A few photos of my progress and I am pretty damn chuffed with the almost complete result, seats and fittings will come eventually after the launching and trials. Regards, Gary.